Remember, the Glass is Half Full: If there is anything that the last few years has taught us it is not to take employment for granted. That is not to say that you should be happy to be in an abusive atmosphere. But for every project you get you can either look at it as yet another thing heaped upon your plate or a blessing that there is work to be had.
– Matthew Swyers, Inc.
4 Steps to Knock Out Workplace Stress
Free markets have liberated more people from poverty than any other force in history. But free markets only work within a moral culture. When business is moored from a concern for the common good, capitalism can slide into cronyism and corruption.
– Tim Busch
Teaching Capitalism to Catholics, WSJ
Happiness is not so much in having or sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
– Sir Norman Duckworth Kerr MacEwen, British Royal Air Force officer
Anxiety is the soul’s greatest enemy, sin only excepted. When the heart is anxious and disquieted within itself, it loses the power to preserve those virtues which are already acquired, and also the means of resisting temptations of Satan, who does not fail to test the strength of that rope.
– St. Francis deSales
A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
As we enter our 10th year of service at In the Company of Prayer, it occurs to me how much not only has the world changed, but also what we’ve done to change along with it. What started as purely a subscription email service, we now deliver our short workday inspirations via many social media opportunities with community members also following us on our blog, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
We spent 2014, with the help of your fellow subscriber Gary Siroky’s INVIEWlabs, building a better delivery system for getting our messages out; as well as developing our app.
Here’s what we see for 2015:
1. We will pull the trigger on the delivery system, which will free up some of my day-to-day responsibilities to come up with new ways to get our message to an even greater community.
2. Our app will provide for an easier way to receive the messages, and also enhance readers’ experience and provide for more community interaction.
3. Each day, since our inception, I have started my day by praying for all of you. As I do so this year, I’ll post a photo on Instagram, with that day’s Morning Briefing, of course, of where I am as I’m praying for you.
Thank you all for being a part of our community. We are, indeed, blessed by the company we keep.
With thanks and many more prayers,
Go to a sporting event–baseball, football, a race, basketball. Look around. Just look at all the faces in their different colors and stages of life and health. Everyone coming from a different place, here to this place, today. And ponder this: God is working in every one of those people’s lives. Not just our friends who think like us.
– Amy Wellborn
You know they say the two most important days in a person’s life is the day you were born and the day you discover why you were born.
– Viola Davis, Best Actress Award Speech, Critics’ Choice Awards 2012